Monday 7 March 2011

Wanderlust - Book Review

Wanderlust (Sirantha Jax #2) by Ann Aguirre

What is it about:
Broke and unemployed, "Jumper" Sirantha Jax accepts a diplomatic mission for the government— only to find herself up against Syndicate criminals, man-eating aliens, and her own grimspaceweakened body.

What did I think of it:
I loved Grimspace, the first book in this series. This book however frustrated me beyond reason. Where I loved Jax before now she acts in ways that made me want to kick her senseless. The writing, the other characters (especially Vel), the setting and the story are all still just as awesome as in Grimspace, it's just Jax I couldn't stand in this book. Weirdly enough I only just noticed these books are written in present tense when Jax started to frustrate me, so that's saying something about Aguirre's writing skills, which are superior in my opinion. I will certainly try book 3 in this series if only to see if Aguirre manages to make me love Jax again.

Why should you read it:
It's a well written SciFi story with lots of action and cool characters.



No comments: