Monday 4 December 2017

Dangerous - Book Review


Dangerous
by Shannon Hale


What is it about:
Maisie `Danger' Brown needs excitement. When she wins a harmless-sounding competition to go to astronaut boot camp, that's exactly what she gets...

But she never imagined it would feature stumbling into a terrifying plot that kills her friends and might just kill her too. Now there's no going back. Maisie has to live by her middle name if she wants to survive - and she'll need to be equally courageous to untangle the romance in her life too.


What did I think of it:
This is a decent read.

I liked Maisie, her best friend, and her parents. For most part of the book I was invested in what happened to Maisie.

I did not like the love interest however and things happen that only made him more of a skeeve in my opinion. No matter the explanations after the fact. In fact one remark late in the story made me dislike him even more!

The action was cool although the story did drag a bit. Some events could have been left out or sped up a bit, but overall it was entertaining enough to keep me reading.

All in all a nice read. I might investigate what other books Hale has written.

Why should you read it:
It's an enjoyable YA SF read.


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: