Monday 24 June 2019

Would-Be Witch - Book Review


Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch #1)
by Kimberly Frost


What is it about:
The family magic seems to have skipped over Tammy Jo Trask. All she gets are a few untimely visits from long-dead, smart-mouthed family ghost Edie. But when her locket-an heirloom that happens to hold Edie's soul-is stolen in the midst of a town-wide crime spree, it's time for Tammy to find her inner witch.

After a few experiences with her dysfunctional magic, Tammy turns to the only person in small-town Duval, Texas, who can help: the very rich and highly magical Bryn Lyons. He might have all the answers-and a 007 savoir faire to boot-but the locket isn't the only heirloom passed down in Tammy's family. She also inherited a warning: stay away from Lyons.


What did I think of it:
This is a fun read.

I immediately liked Tammy. She is the only non-witch in a family of witches, or is she? I loved getting to know her and the town she grew grew up in.

I didn't click with her 'on again/off again' ex-husband. although I can understand he doesn't belief in some of the things Tammy beliefs in, he does things that went too far for me. I'd have kicked his tralala years ago if I was Tammy. I did love Bryn Lyons though. He was nicely intriguing, mysterious, and a lot nicer than ex-hubby, even though he clearly has his own agenda.

The story is suspenseful and lots of things are going on. The crazy situations Tammy gets herself into, and the humor keep it light and fun though. I was hooked from the start and even before I reached the ending I already knew I wanted more.

So you bet I'll get my trotters on the next book soon.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun and enjoyable UF.


buy from bookdepository

1 comment:

miki said...

oh oh looks like another book i should add to my list when i get money