Monday 13 June 2011

Deceived by the Others - Early Book review

*
Deceived By The Others (H&W Investigations #3) by Jess Haines

What is it about:
Shiarra's relationship with sexy werewolf Chaz is somewhat unconventional. Still, after a few bumps, Shia is ready to get serious. That means meeting family - or in this case, bringing Chaz's entire werewolf pack along for a rollicking full-moon weekend in the Catskills. Soon after they arrive, threatening notes appear, warning Chaz to go home. Then, their cabin is ransacked. Shia starts digging to find out whether it's the work of teenaged werewolves or something more sinister. As rumours about her vampire connections arouse the pack's hostility, Shia has to contend with other, potentially fatal dangers.

What did I think of it:

This is one of those series that just keeps getting better and better with each book. Haines sure knows how to keep her readers on the edge of their seat. I went through a wide range of emotions while reading this third installment: I laughed, fumed and cried. Haines succeeded in making me love Shia even more than I already did and make me truly loathe some other characters in this book.

The writing and world building are both just excellent if not even better as in the first books and I love how Haines manages to expand on her world in a natural, believable way. I also liked the focus on the werewolf pack and the understanding it gave me into how Haines' wolves interact with each other and those around them.

The story itself is very suspenseful, funny, frustrating, exciting and utterly awesome and I will tell you that when you finish it you will want to immediately read it again while you're counting the days till book 4 will be released. It's that awesome!

Any negative points?
Voodoo Bride complained that there wasn't enough of Royce's butt in this book, but as Voodoo Bride would still have complained if half the book was a description of Royce's butt I wouldn't listen to her too much if I were you.

Why should you read it:
It's an awesome UF story with weres, vampires and more.


* I received an ARC from the author for review, but I can assure you this didn't influence my thoughts about this book.

Deceived by the Others will be released July 1st 2011, pre-order today:
Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide


No comments: