Sunday 28 September 2014

Unicorn Being a Jerk - Book Review


Unicorn Being a Jerk
by C.W. Moss


What is it about:
Mystical, gentle, magical . . . as if. You’ve obviously never seen a unicorn in his natural habitat—those guys are jerks. Cartoonist C. W. Moss reveals the less-than-wonderful side of the world’s most wondrous creature in his hilarious series of single panel comics, Unicorn Being A Jerk.

What did I think of it:
I bought this book as a present for someone who loves unicorns. I saw a mention of this book somewhere and it sounded like it might be a fun, satirical book like The Book of Bunny Suicides.


I was so wrong!
And I'm glad I decided to let the book be send to me first instead of straight to the person I had intended it for.

This book is in my opinion not fun at all. Instead it crude and offensive.


Yup...
That's unicorn being a jerk by still giving blood even though he has AIDS...

And this isn't even the most offensive and crude joke in this book. There's unicorn abusing his wife, secretly hoping his son isn't gay, and being a pedophile...

I really wonder why the author thinks these things are joke worthy. What is his point? If it's to shine a light on bad behavior, I can tell you it's not the right way to do it. This book didn't make me smile, chuckle, or change my views on the behavior that was mentioned. Instead it left me with a bad taste.

All in all I'm not sure what to do with this book now. I for sure won't ever read it again, but I sure don't want to give it to anyone else either. It will probably end up on my attic where its crude attempt at humor won't offend anyone.

And now I have to find another unicorn gift that will actually be fun.

Why should you read it:
Believe me: you shouldn't!


1 comment:

Demented Wench said...

That book sounds creepy and not the good kind of creepy. :(