Friday 19 August 2016

Sons of Destiny - Book Review


Sons of Destiny (Cirque du Freak #12)
by Darren Shan


What is it about:
The stunning finale to the "New York Times" bestselling series brings Darren face-to-face with his archenemy, Steve Leopard. One of them will die. The other will become the Lord of the Shadows and destroy the world. Is the future written, or can Darren trick destiny?

What did I think of it:
So...

What to say about the last book in this series?

Let's try to keep it at "very enjoyable until the resolution", because if I start talking about the ending of this series, I'll be ranting for a while and drawing comparisons to Son of Rosemary by Ira Levin among others.

In short: Cool story up until the ending. It might be a personal pet peeve, but the ending so did not work for me.

All in all a bit of a let down after 12 mostly entertaining books.

I'm hoping Shan's other series don't end in similar ways.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun Vampire read for younger teens, and you might actually like the ending.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that. And 12 books is crazy long, but to enjoy them all and then not like the ending. Bummer.