Wednesday 21 September 2016

Lord Loss - Book Review


Lord Loss (The Demonata #1)
by Darren Shan


What is it about:
Grubbs Grady has stiff red hair and is a little big for his age, which means he can get into R-rated movies. He hates history and loves bacon, rats, and playing tricks on his squeamish older sister. When he opts out of a family weekend trip, he never guesses that he is about to take a terrifying journey into darkness. Hungry demons and howling werewolves haunt his waking nightmares... and threaten his life

What did I think of it:
I will confess I had a hard time getting into this story at first.

Maybe it's because the action and tension are all over the place. This book starts with some really gruesome events and then the action and suspense almost die down for a long time. There's some mention of magic and scary things, but nearly not as much as I had wanted to hear if I was Grubbs. If the things that happened to Grubbs had happened to me I'd be demanding answers (and a shotgun!).

Anyway: when the action started up again it was worth the wait and I will say I'm curious what the next book will bring.

Why should you read it:
It's a nice paranormal read for younger teens.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments: