Wednesday 8 November 2017

Dead Ever After - Book Review


Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse #13)
by Charlaine Harris


What is it about:
There are secrets in the town of Bon Temps, ones that threaten those closest to Sookie—and could destroy her heart...

Sookie Stackhouse finds it easy to turn down the request of former barmaid Arlene when she wants her job back at Merlotte’s. After all, Arlene tried to have Sookie killed. But her relationship with Eric Northman is not so clearcut. He and his vampires are keeping their distance…and a cold silence. And when Sookie learns the reason why, she is devastated.

Then a shocking murder rocks Bon Temps, and Sookie is arrested for the crime.

But the evidence against Sookie is weak, and she makes bail. Investigating the killing, she’ll learn that what passes for truth in Bon Temps is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough...


What did I think of it:
I did it! I managed to finish the Sookie Stackhouse series.

I will admit: it was a bumpy ride. Sookie wasn't an easy character to love for me, and in book eight I got so angry at her it took me years to continue the series.

Still I enjoyed the series overall. The characters, the mysteries, the world building were all enticing enough to convince me to get reading again, even after my anger at Sookie.

I couldn't help being spoilered about the ending of the series: it was all over the internet when this book came out. But I think Harris worked towards this ending, so even without the spoilers I wouldn't have been surprised. I thought it was a fitting end for this series.

The overall plot of this book isn't the best in the series, but entertaining enough that you won't hear me grumble. And all's well that ends well for one of my favorite characters, so I was happy about that.

All in all a nice ending for an entertaining and mostly enjoyable series.

Why should you read it:
It's an enjoyable UF read.


buy from bookdepository

No comments: