Friday 24 November 2017

Midnight Blade - Early Book Review


Midnight Blade (Soul Stones, #0.1)
by T.L. Branson


What is it about:
Kingdoms rise and fall by the blade.

For Davion Callum, that blade is closer than he'd like. Ever the pawn in a scheme of epic proportions, he is given a choice to stand beside those who would wield him as a weapon or defend those who would call him friend.

When the lines blur between ally and enemy, all is not as it seems. Will he uncover the truth? And what will he do when he does?


What did I think of it:
I really enjoyed Soul Siphon, so when I was offered a review copy of Midnight Blade - which is set in the same world, but earlier than Soul Siphon - I jumped at the chance.

This story is a bit longer, so there was more room for character building. The lead character is Davion Callum who also had a role in Soul Siphon. This made that I already knew what choice he would make, but I can't say I minded. Callum is easy to relate to and I rooted for him from the start. Even knowing what he'd eventually decide this is a suspenseful story.

There were several fight scenes again and these were all well written and enjoyable. I also really liked seeing more of the world and being introduced to more characters. Branson already managed to paint a picture of the world in Soul Siphon, but here that picture gets even more interesting details.

All in all this is yet another cool Fantasy story. You can read this one either before or after reading Soul Siphon in my opinion. You bet I'll be keeping n eye out for the next Soul Stones story.

Why should you read it:
It's a cool and enjoyable Fantasy read.


Expected publication: December 5th 2017
Buy from Amazon

No comments: