Friday 30 March 2018

Burn Bright - Book Review


Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega #5)
by Patricia Briggs


What is it about:
They are the wild and the broken. The werewolves too damaged to live safely among their own kind. For their own good, they have been exiled to the outskirts of Aspen Creek, Montana. Close enough to the Marrok’s pack to have its support; far enough away to not cause any harm.

With their Alpha out of the country, Charles and Anna are on call when an SOS comes in from the fae mate of one such wildling. Heading into the mountainous wilderness, they interrupt the abduction of the wolf–but can’t stop blood from being shed. Now Charles and Anna must use their skills–his as enforcer, hers as peacemaker–to track down the attackers, reopening a painful chapter in the past that springs from the darkest magic of the witchborn...


What did I think of it:
It took me some time to get into the story I will confess. It wasn't until Anna teams up with Asil to visit one of the wildlings that I connected. This may have more to do with me and the trouble I have at concentrating on reading at the moment than the story though.

I did like that Leah got more depth. She used to be just bitchy, now you understand why she's bitchy and can add petty to her list of negative qualities. She's turning more and more into a character you love to hate.

There was one thing I started to suspect very early in the story, and that came true. That aside this is an enjoyable story that further expands the world these books are set in. I liked learning more about the wildlings as well.

Although not my favorite book in this series it's a good addition to the series. I'm curious what will happen next.

Why should you read it:
It's an enjoyable UF read.


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: