Monday 2 March 2020

Aurora Blazing - Book Review


Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion #2)
by Jessie Mihalik


What is it about:
Bianca von Hasenberg did her duty for High House von Hasenberg and ended up trapped in a terrible marriage. When her husband dies unexpectedly and leaves her a happy widow, she vows never to marry again. Instead, she uses her connections to save other young women. Information is power and Bianca has a network that would be the envy of the ’verse—if anyone knew about it.

After an attack, Bianca’s oldest brother, the House von Hasenberg heir, disappears from Earth without a trace. Determined to find him, Bianca leaves against orders. When she refuses to return, her father sends Ian Bishop, the director of House von Hasenberg security, to haul her home like a recalcitrant child.

Bianca leads Ian on a merry chase across the universe, but when their paths finally collide, she persuades him that they would be far more successful at finding her brother if they worked together. She will do anything to save her sibling, even if it means spending time alone on a small ship with the handsome, infuriating man who once broke her heart.

As clues lead them deep into rival House Rockhurst territory, Bianca must decide if she can trust Ian with the one piece of information that could destroy her completely...


What did I think of it:
I loved Polaris Rising, so I dove into Aurora Blazing as soon as I could.

And this book might even be better!

I will confess I really didn't like Ian at first. He is a controlling jerk who tries to keep Bianca out of things. I was happy to see Bianca ignoring his unreasonable commands and doing what she thought was right. As the story progresses Ian starts to learn though, and I loved seeing his change and growth as a character. He went from jerk to someone worthy to root for.

I loved Bianca from the start. She went through a lot and is still dealing with things that happened to her in her marriage. Her determination and strength are admirable. I rooted for her to succeed in finding her brother.

There's lots of action, intrigue, and suspense in this book, and I kept reading to see where things would lead. The ending promises lots of intrigue and action still to come for the Von Hasenberg siblings, so you bet I'll get my trotters on the third book when it releases.

Why should you read it:
It's an amazing SF Romance.


buy from bookdepository

No comments: