Friday 3 December 2021

Contemporary Holiday Mixology - Book Rant by Voodoo Bride

 

Contemporary Holiday Mixology (Chemistry Lessons #3.5?)
by Susannah Nix

What is it about:
After she’s jilted at a holiday ball, Gen hits it off with a handsome stranger. But what she intends as a casual hookup leaves her inexplicably wanting more. Will she ever find her Prince Charming again, or is he lost to her forever?

This story was originally published in the 2020 Jingle Balls Anthology under a different name, and is only available to subscriber's of the author's newsletter.

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
The other two books I read in this series were not brilliant, but enjoyable enough.

This one however is absolutely not for me.

Gen meets a guy at a charity event and introduces herself as 'Gen with a G'. So of course the jerk keeps calling her 'Gen-with-a-G' for the rest of the novella. I know it's meant to be witty and/or funny, but stuff like that just seriously pisses me off. So I was totally not into this story and romance, I just hoped Gen would punch the jerk.

I don't think I'll read more by Nix, the previous books were entertaining enough for freebies, but I don't see myself paying for the other books in the series.

Why should you read it:
Maybe you don't mind jerks who think they're witty, but aren't.



No comments: