Thursday 2 December 2021

Remedial Rocket Science - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

 

Remedial Rocket Science (Chemistry Lessons #1)
by Susannah Nix

What is it about:
Opposites attract when a computer geek meets billionaire bad boy.

The last thing Melody expects when she accepts a dream job offer is to run into her college one-night stand again. Not only does the hunky blast from her past work at the same aerospace company where she's just started in the IT department, he's the CEO's son.

Jeremy's got a girlfriend and a reputation as a bad boy, so Melody resolves to keep her distance and focus on building a new life for herself in Los Angeles. But despite her good intentions, she can't seem to stay away from the heavenly-smelling paragon of hotness.

As the two begin to forge an unlikely friendship, Melody's attraction to Jeremy grows deeper than she's ready to admit. Can the woman who always plays it safe take a risk on the man who's all wrong for her in all the right ways?

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
After I read Advanced Physical Chemistry, which is book 3 in this series, I discovered I had book 1 lingering on my kindle app as well.

And I liked this book slightly better than Advanced Physical Chemistry. I liked Melody and didn't dislike Jeremy, even though he's a bit of a douche for part of the story. I actually liked Jeremy's girlfriend the most, to be honest.

Still this is an enjoyable read that even has some fake dating, so I had fun with it. The women in STEM was at least a bit more prominent in this book as well.

I did get the opportunity to download a novella in this series as I receive the author's newsletter, so I decided to give that a try next.

Why should you read it:
It's an enjoyable Contemporary Romance


Buy from Amazon


No comments: