Thursday 10 November 2011

Serpent's Kiss - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

Serpent's Kiss (Elder Races #3)
by Thea Harrison


What is it about:
Recently, Vampire Queen Carling's power has become erratic, forcing her followers to flee. Wyr sentinel Rune is drawn to the ailing Queen and decides to help find a cure for the serpent's kiss-the vampyric disease that's killing her. With their desire for each other escalating they will have to rely on each other if they have any hope of surviving the serpent's kiss...

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
Another great addition to a wonderful series.

I did have some trouble getting into the story at first, because both Carling and Rune are very difficult persons, but once I got to know them I was hooked. Carling and Rune might both be stubborn and foolish at times, but they're a great match for each other and the romance was both sweet and intense.

The story itself if very different from the first two books, more a personal journey to self discovery than an action filled adventure, but no less compelling than the other books.

I also loved getting introduced to the main characters of book 4, Oracle's Moon and it made me even more eager to get my hands on it when it gets released.

So far Storm's Heart is still my favorite in this series (Tiago is so cool!), but Serpent's Kiss will definitely join its two predecessors on my keeper shelves.

Why should you read it:
It's an intense paranormal romance with two strong and stubborn leads.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo good, I love intense paranormals.

M.A.D. said...

I love the name *Rune* ;D

Emily said...

This series is seriously awesome- even though I'm behind (which seems to always happen) I get so excited reading good reviews of the most current book. Thanks! :D