Thursday 29 March 2012

Archangel's Blade - Book Review

Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter #4)
by Nalini Singh


What is it about:
The severed head marked by a distinctive tattoo on its cheek should have been a Guild case, but dark instincts honed over hundreds of years of life compel the vampire Dmitri to take control. There is something twisted about this death, something that whispers of centuries long past...but Dmitri's need to discover the truth is nothing to the vicious strength of his response to the hunter assigned to decipher the tattoo.

Savaged in a brutal attack that almost killed her, Honor is nowhere near ready to come face to face with the seductive vampire who is an archangel's right hand, and who wears his cruelty as boldly as his lethal sensuality...the same vampire who has been her secret obsession since the day she was old enough to understand the inexplicable, violent emotions he aroused in her.

As desire turns into a dangerous compulsion that might destroy them both, it becomes clear the past will not stay buried. Something is hunting...and it will not stop until it brings a blood-soaked nightmare to life once more...


What did I think of it:
I will confess I didn't much like Dmitri in the first three books in this series, but I loved those books enough to give a book featuring Dmitri as lead character a chance.

And luckily Dmitri turns out to be not such a jerk after all.

He's still an arrogant bastard though, but the building relationship between him and Honor makes him slowly change and in the end I actually rooted for him to defeat his enemies and to win the heart of Honor.

I was surprised by the action storyline. It started with the corpseless head lead, then totally went off track to follow a different lead - which made me wonder how things would turn out - but finally everything fell together again. A bumpy, but cool read.

I'm looking forward to reading more books in this series and luckily I have Angels' Flight already in my to-be-read pile so I can start that as soon as possible.

Why should you read it:
It's Urban Fantasy Romance with vampires and angels.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

2 comments:

Michelle Greathouse said...

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

M

Melliane said...

I'm glad your feelings about him improve. I really need to continue this series, I have the second one to read. great review!