Wednesday 17 June 2015

Age of Blood - Book Review


Age of Blood (Ash and Ruin #3)
by Shauna Granger


What is it about:
Hope is a dangerous thing, but powerful. Hope keeps you going. Hope can keep you alive.

But hope can shatter your world.

Kat and Dylan have found a home, but the monsters are still out there. The pox and plague still ravage the world. They have hope of finding a vaccine, but their encampment isn't equipped to develop it.

Dylan is still too weak from the pox to leave the encampment, so Kat must decide between staying by his side and protecting her last remaining family member as he leaves to find supplies. Separated for the first time since they came together, Kat and Dylan will have to fight their own battles to save what is left of their bloody world.

Kat will have to hold on to hope that she has anything left to save and someone to come home to. If she can survive.


What did I think of it:
If I wasn't already totally hooked on this trilogy, I might have started on it as soon as I saw the cover of this book. Isn't it gorgeous and cool!

Anyway...

I loved the previous two books, so I ordered this book as soon as I saw it was available on bookdepository.

And this book is an wonderful conclusion to an awesome trilogy.

I was a bit apprehensive that Kat and Dylan were splitting up, but Granger made it work. I could understand why Kat takes on a mission that takes her away from Dylan. The team she travels with was well chosen story-wise: Kat's companions all have very different personalities and their interaction was just as suspenseful as their adventures.

To be able to end this trilogy on a note of hope the story focuses on a cure for the plague, so people can start doing more than just survive. The plan to create a vaccine and to find the supplies to do so sounded believable to me, making it easy to root for Kat to succeed.

She and her friends encounter lots of dangers on their mission and there is lots of action. And it's not just Pestas they encounter: This book shows people both at their best and their very worst.

The book is fast paced and I couldn't put it down until I reached the end, which is very satisfying in my opinion. I will most certainly reread this trilogy, and might give other books by Granger a try as well.

Why should you read it:
It's an awesome Post Apocalyptic YA read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

Blodeuedd said...

It has been a while since the world had ended in any of my books