Monday 8 June 2015

Day 21 - Book Review


Day 21 (The Hundred #2)
by Kass Morgan


What is it about:
No one has set foot on Earth in centuries -- until now.

It's been 21 days since the hundred landed on Earth. They're the only humans to set foot on the planet in centuries...or so they thought. Facing an unknown enemy, Wells attempts to keep the group together. Clarke strikes out for Mount Weather, in search of other Colonists, while Bellamy is determined to rescue his sister, no matter the cost. And back on the ship, Glass faces an unthinkable choice between the love of her life and life itself.

In this pulse-pounding sequel to Kass Morgan's The 100, secrets are revealed, beliefs are challenged, and relationships are tested. And the hundred will struggle to survive the only way they can -- together.


What did I think of it:
Although I was very disappointed by the lack of mutants in the first book, I liked it enough to use a gift card to get the second book in this series.

Still no mutants though...

I will say that the more I read about these teens, the more I start to dislike them, with the exception of Clarke and Bellamy. It was for those two that I kept reading. They were the only two who didn't seem totally self centered and petty.

Almost all of them are acting irresponsible, gullible, and stupid though. I was a bit disappointed that their gullibility wasn't punished.

All in all this book was enjoyable, but with so little connection to the characters I wasn't invested in the story. There were some discoveries, but they didn't interest me enough to make me curious to what will happen next.

I don't think I'll get the last book.

Why should you read it:
It's an enjoyable read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

Nikki @ Book Punks said...

Aaaand, I don't think I will get the first or the second book. Thanks for the warning.