Friday 26 May 2017

Love Letter Convention - Day 1


On Saturday, May 20 we got up really early and had breakfast before we took the subway to get where we needed to go.


In this school was the Love Letter Convention.
It's a convention with lots of romance authors.


After getting our badge we got a goodie bag which we decided to check out later, because it was time for the first panel.


Samantha Young, Cora Carmack, Jay Crownover, Monica Murphy, Annie Stone, and Mona Kasten talked about New Adult books. They told about their own books, which books they loved, and why they wrote New Adult stories. It was a fun panel and it made me curious about their books.

The hour after that there were only panels and such in German, so we enjoyed the nice weather, and scoped out the sales room. Unfortunately they only had books in German.


At 11:00 there was a Q&A with the author I really wanted to meet: Ann Aguirre! She was joined by Margaret Mallory, an author who writes Historical Romance.

Ann Aguirre recognized me! So cool. My owner asked about Ann's upcoming project with Rachel Caine and it sounds amazing. Ann was giving books to the people with the best questions, and guess what?


We won!
Yes! That's an ARC of Vanguard, a companion novel to the Razorland Saga. And it's signed to me!!


Next we went to a presentation by Cara Connelly.
She talked about the locations in her books and showed slides to accompany her story.

We had lunch after that and chatted with other book lovers.


After lunch I got to meet Kelsey Sutton.
She was kind enough to pose with me and to sign the books I brought.


There were very yummy McPig sized snacks from the LYX tea party.

On our way to the next panel we met Ann Aguirre again and she signed Enclave and Stone Maiden for me.


Next Martina Gercke, Jay Crownover, Samantha Young, Monica Murphy, and Ann Aguirre talked about Book Boyfriends & Girlfriends. Yet again it was a fun discussion.

On to the next event: Blind Date.
Here you get to talk with authors without knowing which ones. The only thing we knew was that they would speak English.


The first author we got to talk to was Margaret Mallory.
She is super sweet, and I'm going to order one of her books for Voodoo Bride.


Next we chatted with Annie Stone.
One of her books will soon be translated in English. We will keep an eye out.


This is Cara Connelly.
She writes romances that take place at weddings. Might be something for Voodoo Bride as well.


Last Blind Date author was Jay Crownover.
She was very fun to talk to and I might get one of her Bad Boy romances for Voodoo Bride.


Cora Carmack came by during our talk with Jay Crownover and I got to hug Roar. Sadly enough it was not for sale and they only had the German version at the convention, so I'll have to wait until next month to get my trotters on a copy of my own.


After the Blind Dates we took part in a quiz.
We got help from Margaret Mallory.


Me and Voodoo Bride clearly do not read enough Contemporary Romance.
All these books and authors sounded unfamiliar to me. Our team lost the quiz...
But we had lots fun.

The quiz was the last event for the day.


We had drinks with Ann Aguirre and her husband after the quiz. I might have bugged Ann's husband to write more Apparatus Infernum books with Ann.


It was a fun and cool first day.


We then went in search of food together with other some of the other book lovers.
Hmm... A comic book?


It was a menu!


I got to try a brand of cola I never heard of before.


My owner ordered an evil pancake!

After dinner we said goodbye to the others and went back to our hotel.


Here's my loot!

Coming next: LLC Day 2

1 comment:

miki said...

so great!! here we don't get goodies bag ever ç_ç
i'm glad you got to chat with those you liked and got new ones to discover

i would have lost the quizz as well i'm sure^^