Saturday 27 May 2017

Love Letter Convention - Day 2


On Sunday, May 21 we rushed through breakfast so we would be in time to have a good spot at the first event of the day


A reading by Ann Aguirre.


She read from Honor Among Thieves, the book she wrote together with Rachel Caine and which will release next year. After the reading I was even more excited about the book than I already was, and I pre-ordered it immediately.


Next Ann Aguirre, Samantha Young, Kelsey Sutton, and Cora Carmack talked about YA: First Love. They talked about why lots of people love Young Adult books, their own favorite YA books and their own first love.


Then we went to the Q&A with Kelsey Sutton and Cora Carmack.
They answered lots of questions and told stories about all kinds of things.


I was already looking forward to Roar by Cora Carmack, but I might try one of her New Adult books as well. And I love the books I read by Kelsey Sutton ,so I'm keeping an eye on her new releases as well.


There was another English panel after that, but I was a bit tired, so I went outside and enjoyed the warm weather. And at lunch I got to eat a pretzel!

The afternoon there weren't a lot of English events so we stayed in the garden and chatted with other book lovers.


We chatted with Cora Carmack for a bit and she posed with me for this awesome picture.

We also talked with Ann Aguirre and her husband some more and I got another signed book from Ann and bookmarks and buttons.

Then the big signing started, but we already managed to get all our books signed, so we stayed in the garden and chatted with other book lovers some more.


Finally we found a restaurant and I got to order this time.


Pizza!
It was a very yummy pizza.


After dinner we said goodbye to the others and went in search of our comfy bed. It had been a lovely convention.


1 comment:

Melliane said...

oh so much fun!