Friday 23 June 2017

Shadowland - Book Review


Shadowland (The Mediator #1)
by Meg Cabot


What is this about:
There's a hot guy in Susannah Simon's bedroom. Too bad he's a ghost.

Suze is a mediator - a liaison between the living and the dead. In other words, she sees dead people. And they won't leave her alone until she helps them resolve their unfinished business with the living. But Jesse, the hot ghost haunting her bedroom, doesn't seem to need her help. Which is a relief, because Suze has just moved to sunny California and plans to start fresh, with trips to the mall instead of the cemetery, and surfing instead of spectral visitations.

But the very first day at her new school, Suze realizes it's not that easy. There's a ghost with revenge on her mind... and Suze happens to be in the way.


What did I think of it:
Once again I got hold of an omnibus, so I'll review both books that are combined in this omnibus separately.

I've read several series by Meg Cabot. Some i liked more than others. I will confess that Queen of Babble was a big miss for me for example, while I love the Heather Wells series.

The Mediator series is off to a good start I can tell you.

Suze does remind me of other wacky Cabot heroines, but that's not a bad thing. The writing is breezy and fun, and the events are both funny and suspenseful. Suze makes some cool friends at her new school, and her stepbrothers are a mixed bag that promises lots of future problems for Suze.

This book has both a storyline that starts and ends in this book as a storyline that's clearly going to run throughout the series. This setup makes that I was both satisfied with the conclusion of this book and eager to find out what's next for Suze.

All in all a fun read.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun Paranormal YA read.


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: