Friday 1 November 2019

Ghost Town - Book Review


Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires #9)
by Rachel Caine


What is it about:
While developing a new system to maintain the town's defenses, Claire discovers a way to use the vampires' powers to help keep outsiders from spreading news of Morganville's "unique" situation once they've crossed the city limits.

But the new system has an unexpected and possibly deadly consequence: People inside the town start forgetting who and what they are - even the vampires. And when Claire's boyfriend, Shane, and her best friend, Eve, start treating her like a perfect stranger, Claire realizes she has to figure out a way to pull the plug on her experiment - before she forgets how to save herself... and Morganville.


What did I think of it:
It took me awhile to pick up this book after reading book 8 which was annoying at times (especially Shane), but this book is back in Morganville and much better than the previous book.

I will confess I'm not loving Shane. He seems to get more obnoxious, but it might be I'm just in an unforgiving mood. Myrnin, my favorite character has a nicely sized role in this book though, so I was all happy.

The stakes in this book are high: if Claire can't find a solution to the problems Morganville is facing, everyone will lose their memories with devastating results. I was hooked from the start and kept reading to see what was going on and how Claire would fix it.

All in all a very enjoyable addition to the series. I'll pick up the next book soon.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun YA Vampire read.


buy from bookdepository

No comments: