Wednesday 20 November 2019

Slaying Monsters for the Feeble - Book Review


Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)
by Annette Marie


What is it about:
I'm bound to a demon.

For my entire life, I avoided magic at all costs. Now, I'm responsible for a demon who wields magic more powerful than the toughest mage or sorcerer.

Demons are evil.

That's what my textbooks say. That's what I see. He's ruthless, he's temperamental, he's cold. But he protects me without fail. I wonder if he's hiding a heart behind his hostility.

My demon is a monster.

Whether he's heartless or not, my contract with him is illegal and beyond dangerous. Together, we must find a way to return him to his own world before anyone discovers our secret. If that wasn't bad enough, I've come to realize something else:

My demon isn't the only monster I should be worried about.


What did I think of it:
So yes: I did go on a bit of a binge and read three books by Annette Marie in a row.

This second book in the Demonized series is just as much fun as the first.

Robin and her demon have to learn how they can work together. They have the same goal, but different views on how to reach it. And Robin is still trying to figure out how human Sylas is and if she can fully trust him and vice versa.

During their search for Robin's family grimoire they find more trouble than they had counted on, and soon Robin is once again trying to survive.

I really like the bond Robin and Sylas share, and loved learning more about both Sylas and the workings of the demon world. The story is suspenseful and took turns I didn't see coming. Some things are getting clear, new secrets pop up. I couldn't put this book down until I finished it.

I'm eager to read more in this series and world, so you bet I'll get my trotters on the next book Annette Marie releases in this setting.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun and cool UF read.


buy from bookdepository

No comments: