Friday 10 January 2020

Eight Will Fall - Book Review


Eight Will Fall
by Sarah Harian


What is it about:
In a land where magic is outlawed, eight criminals led by seventeen-year-old Larkin are sent on a mission to kill an ancient evil that plagues their kingdom. Descending into an underground realm full of unspeakable horrors, Larkin and her party must use their forbidden magic to survive what lies in wait, teeth sharp and jaws deadly.

As she fights for her life, Larkin finds a light in Amias, a fellow outlaw with a notorious past. Soon Larkin and Amias realize their fates are entwined. The eight of them were chosen for a reason.

But as the dangers multiply and her band of felons are picked off one by one, Larkin must confront a terrible truth: They were never meant to return.


What did I think of it:
This is a really cool read.

Eight young criminals are send on a dangerous mission to find the source of disappearances and destruction. The source is believed to be hiding deep underground and that's where the eight need to go. But what can eight criminals do where hundreds of soldiers have failed?

I was hooked from the start. There's lots of action, creepy situations, and interpersonal drama. I liked Larkin from the start , as well as some of the other eight, while others got on my nerves. Soon the eight are just seven, then six... And I really started to worry about my favorites I can tell you.

The underground world Harian created (as well as the topside world btw) was really cool and had me amazed as well as squicked out. There were some events I could see coming, but others got me by surprise. All in all a cool and suspenseful read.

This book seems to be a standalone, and the ending reflects that, although I do see possibilities for a sequel or companion novel. I will keep an eye out for more by Harian.

Why should you read it:
It's a really cool YA Fantasy read.


buy from bookdepository

No comments: