Monday 20 January 2020

The Wicked We Have Done - Book Review


The Wicked We Have Done (Chaos Theory #1)
by Sarah Harian


What is it about:
Evalyn Ibarra never expected to be an accused killer and experimental prison test subject. A year ago, she was a normal college student. Now she’s been sentenced to a month in the compass room—an advanced prison obstacle course designed by the government to execute justice.

If she survives, the world will know she’s innocent.

Locked up with nine notorious and potentially psychotic criminals, Evalyn must fight the prison and dismantle her past to stay alive. But the system prized for accuracy appears to be killing at random.

She doesn’t plan on making friends.

She doesn’t plan on falling in love, either.


What did I think of it:
I really enjoyed Eight Will Fall, so when I saw Harian wrote a series called Chaos Theory I decided to give it a try. I found the first book on amazon.de and dove into it.

And what a cool read!

I was immediately gripped by the story and couldn't put the book down. Just as in Battle Royale and The Hunger Games a group of young people get put into a controlled environment and not all may come out alive, but there's where the comparison ends.

The Compass Room is a place that will test the morality of the people in it and will decide if they are redeemable or if they're so morally corrupted they need to die. But is the Compass Room always right?

The story switches between the now, where Evalyn is in the Compass Room, and the past, slowly revealing the events that landed her there. I was eager to find out more about her past and rooted for her to survive the tests the Compass room throws at her. There were several other characters I rooted for as well, and others I really did not like. Then people started dying!

I flew through this book and loved every second of it. You bet I'll be keeping an eye out for more books by Harian!

Why should you read it:
It's an awesome and suspenseful NA read.


No comments: