Wednesday 20 May 2020

Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped - Book Review


Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized #3)
by Annette Marie


What is it about:
I thought I understood power.

My parents taught me that magic attracts equal danger, and everything I've seen since becoming a demon contractor confirms it. I've witnessed how power twists and corrupts--and I've tasted power no human should wield.

I thought I knew greed.

Ambition and avarice drove my family into hiding. My parents died for someone else's greed. I've never hunted anything in my life, but now I'm hunting their killer--with my demon's help.

I thought I'd seen evil.

But with each step closer to my parents' murderer, I'm uncovering a different sort of evil, piece by hidden piece. I've stumbled into an insidious web that silently, secretly ensnares everything it touches. My demon and I came as the hunters...

...but I think we might be the prey.

--
Author's Note: The Guild Codex includes two series, Demonized and Spellbound, which can be read and enjoyed all on their own; however, this book contains spoilers for Demon Magic and a Martini (Spellbound #4). If you were thinking about giving Spellbound a try, I recommend reading it first.


What did I think of it:
I am totally loving this series and the Spellbound series. I will add that I totally agree with the author's note above: if you don't want to be spoiled about the Spellbound series, make sure to read at least up to book 4, and I'd actually even advice to read up to book 6 of the Spellbound series before reading this book.

That being said: This is another great addition to this series and world. I loved seeing characters from both series teaming and working together, even if some of it is more out of self preservation or even self interest.

The growing bond and attraction between Robin and Zylas is great to read and I raced through this book to see if they manage to find a way for Zylas to reclaim what he's lost, and for Robin to stay out of the grip of her enemies.

All in all a fun and very enjoyable read. The next book will already be the last one in this series, luckily there will be two more Spellbound books as well.

Why should you read it:
It's a cool and enjoyable Urban Fantasy read.


buy from Amazon

1 comment:

miki said...

so, so addictive series, thank you for making mpe discovering it! yes looks like it will be ending too soon but then tehre are the second spin off wrapped that should give us book 1 and 2 this years so 5books lefts in 6 month i look forwards that