Thursday 4 June 2020

The Cupid Mixup - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


The Cupid Mixup (The Cupid Guild #1)
by L. Penelope


What is it about:
The Montagne hotel might as well have been a castle, and he might as well have been the prince.

I met him in the bar late one night and it was obvious he was too much for me — too handsome, too charming, too rich. And while I could pretend I was a princess for a night, at the stroke of midnight, I ran away without giving him my name.

I didn’t leave my shoe behind, but I might have just lost my heart.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
Sullivan loved L. Penelope's Song of Blood & Stone and the novella from the same series, so when I saw that L. Penelope also wrote a series of romantic short stories I wanted to give those a try.

This first one is about 53 pages and is delicious!

The heroine is down on her luck, but small meddling by a member of the Cupid Guild lands her in a hotel where she meets a man with whom she clicks. I loved seeing these two lonely people connect and fall for each other. I was rooting for them to see past their differences and give in to their attraction.

The way to their HEA/HFN isn't a straight road though, because sometimes Cupid forgets how stubborn people can be.

All in all a wonderful short romantic read. I'm definitely going to read the other shorts in this series as well.

Why should you read it:
It's a delicious and cute Romantic read.


buy from amazon

No comments: