Wednesday 3 June 2020

Twelve Kingdoms Reread: The Dragons of Summer

If you're thinking: Wow, you are so slowing down on this reread! You're right. The closer I get the more I don't want this reread to end. This is such a great world and I love these characters all so much. I know I can just go reread again whenever I want, but still...

Anyway, here's the next book in my reread: The Dragons of Summer.


The Dragons of Summer (The Uncharted Realms #4.5)
by Jeffe Kennedy


What is it about:
As unofficial consort to the High Queen, former mercenary Harlan Konyngrr faces a challenge worse than looming war and fearsome dragons. His long-held secrets threaten what he loves most—and he must make a choice between vows to two women. A RITA(R) Award finalist for best romance novella of 2018.

(Formerly appeared in the Seasons of Sorcery anthology.)


What did I think of it:
So, it's difficult to give this novella a review.

I mean: Yes! It's a totally awesome story. The tension between Ursula and Harlan is sooo well done, and their problems feel realistic and are handled awesomely. And the danger that pops up and the resulting action are so cool! And the ending is so satisfying.

But I have to confess my owner and I suggested several things for this novella that got used for the danger that pops up and the resulting action. Maybe it's just me, but that makes me feel like I'm not the right person to review this. Maybe it's nonsense for me to think so, because I didn't write any of it, I just nudged some ideas toward Jeffe to use, and it was her who totally rocked that and wrote an awesome story.

Anyway, that's why this is more of an enthusiastic rave than a regular review. But I tell you: this is soooo good! Go read it!

And for those who have been paying attention and think: didn't you say you'd do at least one giveaway? Leave a comment on this post with a way to contact you for a change to win a digital copy of this novella. Open internationally to everyone who is legally allowed to enter, etc... I 'll pick a winner on June 10, 2020 and will contact that winner soon after.

Why should you read it:
It is an awesome Fantasy Romance Novella!


Find buy links here

No comments: