Monday 19 September 2011

Black Gold - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

Black Gold (Takhini Wolves #1)
by Vivian Arend

ebook

What is it about:
Lone wolf Shaun Stevens’s automatic response to the words “happily ever after”? Kill me now. Yet with all his friends settling down he’s begun to think there may actually be something to this love-and-roses crap.

One thing’s for sure: his dream mate will have to out-cuss, out-spit and out-hike him. So he never expected the one to push his forever button would be a blue-blooded Southern debutante with a voice as dark and velvety as her skin.

When Gemmita Jacobs steps off the plane in Whitehorse, Yukon, it’s about more than her caribou research project. It’s her declaration of independence from an overprotected upbringing. Except there’s something in the air she can’t quite define—something that unexpectedly rouses her mating instincts.

Moments after their eyes lock, the deed is done—and done thoroughly. When the pheromone dust settles, though, all the reasons they don’t belong together become painfully clear.

It’s enough to make a wolf learn a whole new set of cuss words…

Warning: Two strong wolves getting exactly what they deserve. Includes wilderness nookie, shifters being naughty in public places, the Midnight Sun as a canopy for seduction and grizzly shifters on the loose. Oh, and don’t forget the sarcasm.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
Those who read my reviews of Arend's Granite Lake Wolves novellas will know how much I love those, so it will not be a surprise when I tell you how happy I was when I learned that Arend started a new series which features my beloved werewolves. And this time there's even more to love as instead of novella size the Takhini Wolves books are novel size!

Black Gold is the first book in this new series and it is a wonderful read. It has all the elements I've come to expect in Arend's 'Wolfie' books and more. It has sizzling hot romance, strong willed, but likeable characters, kick-ass action, humor, droolworthy shifters and did I mention the hot romance?

I love the way Arend creates romantic tension without getting me too worried about the outcome, while still making it an intense and satisfying read. Because Black Gold is longer than the previous 'Wolfie' books, the action storyline gets more room and creates extra tension and suspense as well.

All in all I loved this book and even though it's twice as long as the Granite Lake Wolves novellas it still felt much too short and I'm already looking forward to the next 'Wolfie' book.

Why should you read it:
It's got Hunky Werewolves and Hot Romance!


Buy this book here



1 comment:

Bookish Brunette said...

I LIKE hunky wolves and hot romance! I'll add it to my list!!!