Tuesday 19 June 2012

Teaser Tuesdays - When Lightning Strikes

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: - Grab your current read - Open to a random page - Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) - Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Just as I was opening my mouth to tell Ruth it was probably just a little spring storm, and not to worry, she screamed, "Jess, don't-"
But I didn't hear what she said after that, because right then and there was this big explosion that drowned out everything else.
(page23, Missing - When Lightning Strikes by Meg Cabot (writing as Jenny Carroll)


3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Doesn't that always happen? This sounds like a cute story. My teaser is from Fairest of All by Sarah Mylnowski. Happy reading!

Cecelia said...

Oh dear. I'm thinking (given the title) that she got struck by lightning? What a way to start a book! Nice teaser.

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh I always hear good things about Meg's books. Sounds like this one is cute. :) Thank you!