Tuesday 8 January 2013

TBR Orphans Reading Challenge


I have a confession:

There are multiple books in my To-Be-Read pile that have been there for months if not years. The above book has been in my tbr-pile for so long I don't even remember when and where I bought it.

And it's not that those books are bad books. Well, at least I don't think they are. I haven't read them yet afterall, but I did buy them because I thought I'd like them.

The problem is that I do tend to grab the newest books when selecting my next read, skipping over those books that have been in my tbr-pile for a while.

So I decided to do something about it and created my very own challenge:

The TBR Orphans Reading Challenge!

I plan to read at least one book every month that has been in my tbr-pile for longer than three months!

I will post an update on this challenge every month to let you know how I'm doing.

If anyone wants to join in and can use some cheering on:
Leave a comment and I'll be sure to drop by your blog to cheer for you :-)

Now I'm off to select the first orphan.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, lawd. The number of orphaned books on my TBR is frightening.

I'm trying to plow through a bunch of them right now, but I'm even more naughty than you. I have some from Authors After Dark in 2011 and 2012 that I still haven't gotten to yet...

<3,
-J

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh goodness...I couldn't tell you how many books I have here to read. *gulp* So many orphans... Great challenge though. Best of luck to you!

Sullivan McPig said...

Thanks, girls! :-)

Aurian said...

Good luck with this challenge Sullivan! I try to read one book a month that has ben on my shelves for over a year, and so far, I have managed it. Still a few thousand books to go :)

Aurian said...

Good luck with this challenge Sullivan! I try to read one book a month that has ben on my shelves for over a year, and so far, I have managed it. Still a few thousand books to go :)