Sunday 16 March 2014

Undead Reckoning - Book Review


Undead Reckoning: A Tale of Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse at Sea
by Zack Lynn



What is it about:
Kevin needs to get his family away from the swiftly-degenerating chaos of zombie-infested Seattle. With the roads and bridges jammed, escape by boat seems like a good idea. But survival at sea is not without complications, and danger lies ever in wait, in forms both living and undead...

What did I think of it:
This is a really fun zombie read.

I really liked Kevin and his family. They're level-headed mostly, and resourceful. Their quick thinking makes that they avoid stupid accidents, but luckily that doesn't mean there's no cool zombie action (although there might have been more zombie mayhem in my opinion, but I think that about all books ;-)). And zombies aren't the only danger Kevin and his family encounter, so there's action and thrills aplenty.

Lynn's writing style felt a bit detached I think, making that even though there's lots of things happening, and the family gets in trouble, I didn't get emotionally involved in the story. Not that I minded, the story is entertaining enough without the emotional involvement.

Overall this is a fun and fast read that I can advice to anyone who's looking for an uncomplicated zombie survival story.

Why should you read it:
It has zombies!


Buy from Amazon

3 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

As long as they can't swim the sea would be good

Aurian said...

It has zombies! So, not for me, but glad you enjoyed it Sullivan :) Are there zombie sharks?

Sullivan McPig said...

Oh, zombie sharks would be cool! But no.