Wednesday 16 April 2014

Alien Collective - Early Book Review


Alien Collective (Katherine "Kitty" Katt #9)
by Gini Koch


What is it about:
Despite not having run for office, nor wanting to remain in office, Representative Jeff Martini is being wooed as the vice presidential running mate for a charismatic senator who seems likely to win the campaign. While the Diplomatic Corps has to deal with the pressures of a political campaign sure to uncover secrets they don’t want shared with the world, Ambassador Kitty Katt-Martini has other worries—handling the reemergence of her most potent nemesis, thought dead and buried.

What did I think of it:
I can't believe we're already on book nine in this cool and funny series. It seems like only yesterday that I picked up Touched by an Alien on a whim, lured by the beautiful cover, and cool sounding blurb. Even more surprising is that Gini Koch keeps delivering time and time again.

Having read a couple of Fantasy books before starting on Alien Collective I will confess I struggled a bit during the first few chapters to get into the story. But once I made the switch from serious Fantasy to quirky and fun SciFi I was hooked.

If you haven't started on this series yet, I can really advice you to go buy Touched by an Alien and dive in. Because this series is addictive and fun. Many things have happened since that first book, that made me fall in love with Gini's writing, and although maybe some people could read this book without having read the previous books, I tell you: you want it all!

This book is a typical 'Kitty Katt' book. It's full of humor, wittiness and bizarre situations. Kitty is a fun heroine, who you know will save the day... eventually. But before she does, you get taken on a wild ride that is well worth it.

There's tons of cool characters, both old and new. There's action, suspense and intense emotions. And there's one particular event in this book that made this piggy a very happy camper! I won't spoil too much, but let me tell you: some authors actually listen to my requests! I hope this will become a trend ;-)

So once again Gini Koch manages to entertain and delight with a witty, funny and cool story. I hope she keeps them coming, because I need more books to feed my addiction.

Why should you read it:
It's a quirky and cool SciFi read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

3 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I am planning on reading it this weekend :D

Aurian said...

Now you have to email me what scene that was!

miki said...

oh oh that remind me i still must get that one! ( i'm behiond 2 books in my reading of that series) and if i'm right i have some intuition about how she took your request into consideration because she found it while holding a contest.... i will have to check that when i read this one^^