Monday 29 September 2014

Archangel's Legion - Book Review


Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter #6)
by Nalini Singh


What is it about:
Angels are falling from the sky in New York, struck down by a vicious, unknown force.

Vampires are dying impossibly of disease.

Guild hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raphael must discover the source of the wave of death before it engulfs their city and their people, leaving New York a ruin and Raphael’s Tower under siege by enemy archangels.

Yet even as they fight desperately to save the city, an even darker force is stirring, its chill eyes trained on New York…and on Raphael. Rivers of crimson and nightmares given flesh, the world will never again be the same…


What did I think of it:
This is a really intense and cool read.

I won't call it suspenseful, even though there are many nasty things happening, it's never so much a case of 'Who did it?'in my opinion, but more a case of 'How do we survive it?'.

I love how Singh keeps adding to her world in this series. There are so many cool characters and creatures. Some of them get more depth in this book, and with some of them I'm pretty sure it's a subtle set-up for their own book somewhere in the future. I can say I'm looking forward to see if I'm right.

I also loved the dynamics between Elena and Raphael. They are a great match for each other, and it was great to see how they try to support and help each other, both in their own way.

All in all this is a great book, although not one that I would recommend to people just starting on this series, because the things that happen are very much linked into the overall story arc of this series. I can advice anyone who loves Urban Fantasy and angels to pick up the first book in this series asap.

I myself am looking forward to pick up the next book in this series once it releases next month.

Why should you read it:
It's a really cool Urban Fantasy Romance


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

miki said...

i really love this series and i must admit the covers are simply too good