Thursday 2 July 2015

Tunnels of Blood - Book Review


Tunnels of Blood (Cirque du Freak #3)
by Darren Shan


What is it about:
Darren, the vampire's assistant, gets a taste of the city when he leaves the Cirque Du Freak with Evra the snake-boy and Mr. Crepsley. When corpses are discovered--corpses drained of blood-- Darren and Evra are compelled to hunt down whatever foul creature is committing such horrendous acts.

Meanwhile, beneath the streets, evil stalks Darren and Evra, and all clues point to Mr. Crepsley. Can they escape, or are they doomed to perish in the tunnels of blood?


What did I think of it:
This is a really cool read.

I really enjoyed the previous two books, but this one is my favorite so far.

Gruesome murders, a vampire mentor who's not to be trusted, and tunnels of blood: What's not to like? ;-)

Seriously: this is a suspenseful and cool read. I like Darren and Evra as a team. Evra is a bit more sensible than Darren and keeps him from acting too rash. It's when Darren is on his own that he acts before he thinks and gets in trouble.

Mr. Crepsley is a very interesting character as well. I like how he got more background in this book.

The events are a bit predictable at times, but that didn't spoil my enjoyment in this book.

All in all this is a very entertaining book and series, and I'm glad I already have the next book in my TBR pile, because I want more.

Why should you read it:
It's a very enjoyable and entertaining read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

3 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I have never read Shan, but I watched that movie?

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I've wanted to read this series for awhile :)

Beanie Mouse said...

....glad you're enjoying them!! I'm liking the books too! They're great fun and I'm pleased I got the whole set!!!