Wednesday 23 November 2016

Demon Thief - Book Review


Demon Thief (The Demonata #2)
by Darren Shan


What is it about:
Kernel Fleck has always known he's weird. He sees lights. Strange, multi-colored patches of light, swirling through the air. But it's not until a window opens into a demon world, with horrific consequences, that Kernel discovers his powers. As a Disciple, his mission is to hunt vicious, powerful demons to the death...

What did I think of it:
I had some trouble getting into the first book in this series, but this one was a lot better in my opinion.

The plot is simple and the big reveal for Kernel was something everyone could see coming from miles away, but the story is fun and full of action. I liked Kernel and he picks up some interesting characters on his quest through demon-filled territory.

At times the action almost overshadowed the (already flimsy) plot, but it was well written and entertaining, so I didn't mind.

I still think the Zom-B series is Shan's best work so far, but I'm a zombie addict. I will most certainly pick up the next book in this series soon.

Why should you read it:
It's a very entertaining read filled with demons.


Buy from Bookdepository