Wednesday 1 February 2017

Plague Town - Book Review


Plague Town (Ashley Parker #1)
by Dana Fredsti


What is it about:
Ashley was just trying to get through a tough day when the world turned upside down.

A terrifying virus appears, quickly becoming a pandemic that leaves its victims, not dead, but far worse. Attacked by zombies, Ashley discovers that she is a 'Wild-Card' -- immune to the virus -- and she is recruited to fight back and try to control the outbreak.


What did I think of it:
This is a fun read with lots of zombie mayhem.

At times Ashley's sense of humor and her remarks grated on my nerves, but with all the zombies and other action I didn't grumble about her sense of humor too loudly. What bothered me more were the obvious stereotypes: pedantic lecturing vegan, hostile young woman should be a goth according to Ashley, stuff like that.

Grumbles about those things aside, this was a very enjoyable and fast read. There were some revelations that seemed obvious to me long before they were revealed, but that didn't diminish my enjoyment.

All in all a nice read if you're looking for snark and zombies. I might get my trotters on the next book some day.

Why should you read it:
It's an entertaining zombie read.


Buy from bookdepository

1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I'm not big into zombies, but I might enjoy this one with the snark. :) Thank you.