Monday 30 October 2017

Deadlocked - Book Review


Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12)
by Charlaine Harris


What is it about:
Sookie has a murder investigation on her hands.

A young girl has died at a vampire party - and it looks as though her lover, Eric, might be responsible. Eric swears he didn't do it, the police don't believe him, and even Sookie isn't so sure. Nor is she inclined to take his word for it, not having caught him enjoying the victim's blood minutes before she was killed.

But something strange is going on. Why had Sookie been asked to come to the fateful party a few minutes early - just to catch Eric in the act? And why had the victim spiked her own blood before approaching Eric? Was it simply because she wanted to be irresistible, or was it something more sinister?

Sookie will have to find out ... but it's the worst moment to investigate, as her Fae family are having troubles of their own and Sookie is, inevitably, drawn in. And there is one last complication. The cluviel dor her grandmother left her. It will grant her one wish, which could fulfill Sookie's heart's desire. The only problem is, she still doesn't know what - or who - her heart truly desires ...


What did I think of it:
My attempts to finally finish this series continue.

And this was yet another very enjoyable read that had me firmly engrossed in the lives of Sookie and those around her. Maybe it's that I already know a bit about how this series ends, but to me it seems this book and the previous one are clearly paving the way for that ending. And I must say I'm looking forward to seeing everything falling together. Something I'd never thought would happen after book 8.

Talking about that book. There was one minor grumble in this book: Sookie hears from Quinn and apparently he had something with a were-tigress called 'Tijgerin'...

Yeah...

Tijgerin is the Dutch word for tigress, so... that's like calling your daughter Girl or Woman. Those parents should be kicked in my opinion.

That grumble aside this was a fun and entertaining read. I hope my copy of Dead Ever After arrives soon, so I can find out how everything ties up.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun UF read.


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: