Wednesday 19 April 2023

Grave Ransom (Alex Craft #5)
by Kalayna Price

What is it about:
Grave witch Alex Craft is no stranger to the dead talking. She raises shades, works with ghosts, and is dating Death himself. But the dead walking? That’s not supposed to happen. And yet, reanimated corpses are committing crimes across Nekros City.

Alex’s investigation leads her deep into a web of sinister magic. When Briar Darque of the Magical Crimes Investigation Bureau gets involved, Alex finds herself with an unexpected ally of sorts. But as the dead continue to rise and wreak havoc on the living, can Alex get to the soul of the matter in time?

What did I think of it:
I'm totally hooked on this series!

And there are even some kind of zombies in this book!

I like how this series mixes up cases having to do with faerie and with other supernatural occurrences, making you guess what and who is causing trouble this time. I love the lore and how it's used in the story. 

I really do not like Briar, I'll confess, but as she's not meant to be liked (I think) I loved to hate her.

The love triangle seems to be taking a turn I might like, but I won't relax until I've finished this series, there's still a lot to resolve.

You bet I'll pick up the next book soon.

Why should you read it:
It's awesome UF!


No comments: