Friday 14 May 2010

Iron Kissed - Book Review

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

What is it about:
Shape-shifter Mercy Thompson has a complex life, juggling two werewolf lovers and a job working for a fae mechanic; things get even more hectic when her boss and mentor is arrested for killing a citizen of the fae reservation. As the fae seem content to let him rot, Thompson takes it on herself to clear her friend's name, beginning a lone-wolf investigation that may cost her life.

What did I think of it:
Where 'Moon Called' was primarily a Werewolf book and 'Blood Bound' a Vampire book, book three in the Mercy Thompson series 'Iron Kissed' is a Fae book. And how! I really liked Mercy's mentor Zee from the start of the series, but in 'Iron Kissed' my liking grew into love! And the other Fae: Wow! They are one freaky bunch. No cleaned up, pretty and sweet faeries in this book: Briggs did her homework on the Fae and writes them as they are in the old stories. I must say that from the five Mercy Thompson books sofar this one is my favourite, it's suspenseful and disturbing, but beautiful. I must warn you that the disturbing part of the story is of the kind that some people were really shocked and put off by it, but I myself thought it fit very well into the story and though disturbing really added to it.

Why should you read it:
I should hope that by now you started on 'Moon Called' so I don't need to tell you what a great Urban Fantasy series this is.


6 comments:

vvb32 reads said...

still have to try this series. and two werewolf lovers?

Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with the old fae stories. What kind of disturbing is it?

Sullivan McPig said...

@vvb32: well, it's not like she's sleeping with both of them, just not sure which one she should chose.

@Alice: I replied by email as not to be too spoilery on here.

Unknown said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog and had a graet time! :-) Not only are your reviews fun and entertaining, the cute pics of the piggy are extraordinary! :-)

Thank you, I'm your newest follower!! :-)

Stella

Unknown said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know you have an award waiting for you here.

Have a great weekend! :-)

Stella

Sullivan McPig said...

Thanks! And welcome to my blog ofcourse.
Have a good weekend too!