Tuesday 7 December 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - Jane Slayre

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Just started this one and got high hopes for it:

There was no possibility of continuing my walk that night. We had been wandering, indeed, in the leafless shrubbery an hour after dark, but since Mrs. Reed had picked up a scent (Mrs. Reed, when there was no company, hunted early), I was send home so the others could stalk their prey.
(page 1, Jane Slayre by Charlotte Brontë and Sherri Browning Erwin)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't tried any literary classic/paranormal mashups yet but this sounds tempting.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I'm not too crazy about parodies. They might seem easy to do because the "meat" of the material is already there, but it takes a true master of the genre (such as "Weird Al" Yankovic in music) to get me interested.

On the other hand . . . with my love of Jane Eyre, you can bet that I'm eager to read this one! =P Mr. Rochester is a vampire slayer, I presume? Just when I thought he couldn't get any hotter . . . ;-)

Sullivan McPig said...

I'm hoping he is!

Anonymous said...

Bronte as in one of the Bronte sister? Oh boy. Now there's a thought.

Sullivan McPig said...

Yup, it's a vampire retelling of Jane Eyre!