Friday 27 July 2012

Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues - Book Review

Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues (White Trash Zombie #2)
by Diana Rowland


What is it about:
Angel Crawford is finally starting to get used to life as a brain-eating zombie, but her problems are far from over. Her felony record is coming back to haunt her, more zombie hunters are popping up, and she's beginning to wonder if her hunky cop-boyfriend is involved with the zombie mafia. Yeah, that's right--the zombie mafia.
Throw in a secret lab and a lot of conspiracy, and Angel's going to need all of her brainpower--and maybe a brain smoothie as well--in order to get through it without falling apart.


What did I think of it:
I thought the first book in this series was a pleasant read, but I probably wouldn't have picked up the second book if it wasn't for Daniel dos Santos' amazing cover.

And I'm very happy I did because this book was so much better than the first book.

The story is much more in balance than the first: no slow parts that made me lose interest in this book! There's lots of intrigue, action and even zombie mayhem! The plot itself was a bit predictable at times, but cool enough that I didn't think this was a bad thing.

The romantic storyline was also fleshed out much more than in the previous book and felt much more realistic. I could really understand Angel's feelings for Marcus.

All in all I'm glad I gave this book a try (even if it was mostly because I wanted the book for its cover) and I will give the next book a try for sure, no matter what cover it will have.

Why should you read it:
It's got a zombie who works at a morgue and zombie mayhem!


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

4 comments:

titania86 said...

I'm going to start this book soon and I'm so happy you liked it! I loved the first one and am so excited for the sequel. The zombie mayhem you mentioned is particularly intriguing. It's always nice when a book with a great cover is actually good. :)

Demented Wench said...

I love the cover too. I'm really behind on my reading, but I think I should add these two books to my stack of unread books. :)

Melliane said...

wow better than the first one? I have it to read so I think I need to start to see for this one as well. thanks!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh better than the first. Awesome! Thanks for the thoughts. I still have to get to the first book here on my shelf. :)