Wednesday 13 February 2013

Tiger's Eye - Book Review


Tiger's Eye (A Stacy Justice Mystery #3)
by Barbra Annino


What is it about:
Stacy Justice is looking forward to a lazy summer of hot dogs and beer; swims in the lake with her Great Dane, Thor; and hanging with her rekindled old flame, Chance. But when she gets a creepy anonymous call hinting that her father’s “accidental” death fourteen years ago was actually a murder, she’s too unsettled to relax. Stacy has blamed herself for his death all along—in fact, it’s the reason she’s fought so hard against being a witch. But who’d want to kill an innocent small-time newspaperman?

That’s the question on Stacy’s mind when she casts a spell that goes horribly wrong. And between the white tiger that keeps appearing out of thin air, the body in the lake, the feisty razor-toothed Chihuahua, and the gun-toting maniac, she suddenly has her hands full once again. But solving the mystery of her father’s death is Stacy’s number-one priority…and avenging it, if necessary, is a very close second.


What did I think of it:
This is a fun read.

This book mixes cozy mystery with paranormal elements and does a good job at it.

I really liked Annino's writing style, which was fun, fast paced and funny.

Although this is the third book in the series and there's a warning in the front of the book that you should read the books in order, this book was perfectly readable as a stand alone. Of course there's mention of things that happened in the other books, but in no way did I feel confused or like I was missing vital information.

Stacy is a fun and quirky character and I loved that she has a Great Dane as her sidekick. I also really liked Stacy's grandmother and great aunts. Just those old ladies alone are enough to make me want to read the other books as well to find out more about them. Luckily they aren't the only thing that makes this a fun read, so I know I won't be disappointed if it turns out they aren't in the other books.

All in all this is a fast and enjoyable read with intriguing characters and a solid murder mystery.

Why should you read it:
It's a cozy paranormal murder mystery.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

5 comments:

Melliane said...

I really like books like that I'll have to check out the first book, thank you!

Melliane said...

ooooh who would have known! I have the first one!!!!!

Sullivan McPig said...

Oh, let me know if it's a fun read as well.

Aurian said...

I have never come across this author before, but it sure sounds like something I would enjoy! Thanks for the review Sullivan!

Pabkins said...

I'm such a sucker for cover art - I think this cover is so cute. I love cartoon covers. haha
Pabkins @ My Shelf Confessions