Thursday 7 August 2014

Living Hell - Book Review


Living Hell
by Catherine Jinks


What is it about:
What happens when a single moment changes everything? For seventeen-year-old Cheney, life on earth exists only in history books. He and more than one thousand other people have known life only aboard the Plexus spacecraft: self-contained, systematic, and serene. But that was before the radiation wave.

Now Plexus has suddenly turned on them, becoming a terrifying and unrecognizable force. As the crew dwindles under attack, Cheney and his friends need to fight back before the ship that’s nurtured them for so long becomes responsible for their destruction.


What did I think of it:
I picked this up because it was on sale and sounded entertaining.

I didn't expect it to be a really cool and creepy read.

The ship that's home to Cheney and his family and friends starts to change and turn on them. I was surprised how believable Jinks manages to make this story. I will confess I had a 'Yeah, sure' reaction when things first started to go wrong, but soon I was drawn into the action. And when it became more clear what is going on, I actually could almost believe that this could really happen.

For a book that is aimed at younger teens it doesn't pull any punches. There are some really gruesome things happening, and not everyone survives. The blows just keep coming, making this an action-packed and fast read.

This book took me by surprise and had me hooked after the first few pages. I will most certainly check out what other books Jinks has written.

Why should you read it:
It's a cool and creepy SciFi read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments: