Friday 24 March 2017

Bec - Book Review


Bec (The Demonata #4)
by Darren Shan


What is it about:
As demonic Fomorii ravage their land, Bec and a band of warrior companions leave their devastated rath to answer a plea for help. An orphaned priestess-in-training, Bec hopes the journey will help her solve the mysteries of her birth. But fighting demons has a steep price...

What did I think of it:
This is my favorite book in this series so far.

This book works within the series, but easily could stand on its own as well.

It is set in the past, long before the events in the first three books, and I got the feeling Shan did his research. It felt real, even with Demonata added to the mix, without turning into a history lesson.

I liked Bec and most of the warriors who accompany her on the journey they have to make. I was invested in their well-being and sad when things went wrong. From the start it's clear not everyone can survive, and I could only hope my favorite characters would escape the horrors they encounter.

I will pick up the next book in this series soon, and if there's one book that I most definitely will reread it's this one.

Why should you read it:
It's a really cool and suspenseful read


Buy from bookdepository

1 comment:

Beanie Mouse said...

Yeah, that was one of my favourite books in the series too! Like Bec as a character too.