Wednesday 29 March 2017

The Making of a Gentleman - Book Review by Voodoo Bride (repost)


The Making of a Gentleman (The Sons of the Revolution #2)
by Shana Galen


What is it about:
Twelve years in a French prison leave Armand Harcourt a hollow shell. Back in England, his noble family hire Felicity Bennett to teach him manners and speech. Desire shakes both, and heals their past scars in surprising dangerous ways.

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
This is a really nice Historical Romance.

I liked that the hero wasn't a dashing rogue for once. Armand is emotionally scarred and inexperienced when it comes to women. I especially liked reading how he opens up to Felicity, although I will confess I did wonder at times about the speed of his progress when it came to their relationship. I would have liked his emotional recovery to have been a little harder, and their romance a bit slower.

The suspense story line was a bit much in my opinion. Next to people hunting after Armand, there's also someone making things difficult for Felicity. The Felicity thing could have easily been left out and this would still have been a suspenseful enough read.

But overall I enjoyed this story, and I will most probably try other books by Galen if I run into them.

Why should you read it:
It's a very nice Historical Romance.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments: