Saturday 11 September 2010

Machete - Movie Review

Machete
Directed by Ethan Maniquis and Robert Rodriguez
Starring Danny Trejo as Machete


What is it about:
After being betrayed by the organization who hired him, an ex-Federale launches a brutal rampage of revenge against his former boss.

What did I think of it:
I have hoped they would make this movie ever since seeing the fake-trailer for it back when I saw Planet Terror. And I can tell you I'm glad they actually made it as this movie is totally awesome! Danny Trejo shines in his first ever lead role and (apart from his trusted machete of course) he gets to be creative with lots of improvised weapons with satisfying results. The action is over the top, but extremely cool and at times laugh out loud funny (especially the final show down between good guys and bad guys had me laughing). There's also lots of great oneliners and cool dialogue:

Padre Benito del Toro: It's not safe for you to be here.
Machete: I'm not looking for "safe".
Padre Benito del Toro: No, I mean it's not safe for me for you to be here!


All in all I absolutely love this movie! Even if they had added zombies to it, it couldn't have been better!

Why should you see it:
Danny Trejo with a machete!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All right, I'll add that to my must-see list.

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Humm... I just watched Ninja Assassin recently. This looks like it could be similar?