Thursday 27 June 2019

InCryptid Shorts

Before starting on book 5 in this series I wanted to read all the free short stories Seanan McGuire has on her website that feature Verity and that take place before book 5. They're too short to review all on their own, so here are my quick and short thoughts on them.


Incryptid Shorts
by Seanan McGuire


Snake in the Glass (InCryptid #3.3)
Verity and Dominic stay in an InCryptid hotel and solve problems.
I liked this one. It gives insight in Gorgon society and develops the relationship between Verity and Dominic a bit more.

Swamp Bromeliad (InCryptid #3.4)
Verity shows Dominic where her family came from and end up adventuring in the swamp.
Another cool story. Gives background info on the Price family and introduces a creepy InCryptid.

Waking Up In Vegas (InCryptid #3.5)
Verity and Dominic stay in Vegas for a special occasion and there's trouble.
Another fun short story. More relationship developments and Verity saves the day.

My Last Name (InCryptid #3.6)
Verity and Dominic arrive at the family home.
My least favorite. I really do not like Verity's parents.

---------------

All in all these are fun shorts that grow the world a bit more and fill in some events between the moment Verity and Dominic left New York and the start of book 5, which I will soon read. Recommended to fans of this series.


No comments: