Friday 31 January 2020

Druid Vices and a Vodka - Book Review


Druid Vices and a Vodka (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #6)
by Annette Marie


What is it about:
I've said it before, but sometimes I'm a bad person. I cheated on my twelfth grade math final, I've run countless yellow lights, and I gossip about how hot my kickass best friends are. (Good thing my job as a guild bartender doesn't require moral perfection.)

But there's bad, and then there's bad. And I'm not sure which applies to a certain dark druid/wanted criminal/reluctant friend of mine. His transgressions include black-magic dealings, kidnapping, and murder, and he's about to add "revenge-fueled killing spree" to his resume—if I don't stop him.

Should I stop him?

He and his nemesis are gearing up to tear each other apart, rogues and vultures are converging with their sights on the spoils, and the guilds that would normally stomp them into the ground are under attack. We're on the brink of an all-out criminal turf war, and my time to decide is almost up.

Who's the real bad guy ... and do I dare stand in his way?


What did I think of it:
I am so loving this series.

As if Tori hasn't enough on her plate, Zack is in trouble and when she helps him this leads to trouble for others. Torn between which of her friends to help she is slowly running out of time.

I so rooted for Tori to find a solution that would solve all the problems she is facing. There are some very tense moments in this book, and I feared for my favorite characters.

I liked how Robin, the lead character of the spin-off series plays a part in this story and to see her from Tori's point of view. It seems these two might need to team up to solve both their problems. It made me eager to get my trotters on Robin's next book as well.

All in all this is a great book with an ending that will keep me thirsting for the next book until it releases, at which time I'll get it immediately.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun and very entertaining UF read.



buy from bookdepository

No comments: