Friday 13 November 2020

Barely Bewitched - Book Review

 

Barely Bewitched (Southern Witch #2)
by Kimberly Frost

What is it about:
Welcome to Duvall, Texas, where new witch Tammy Jo Trask has just unleashed an accidental Armageddon…Oops.

Tammy Jo’s misfiring magic has attracted the unwanted attention of WAM, the World Association of Magic. Now, a wand-wielding wizard and a menacing fire warlock have come to Duvall to train her for a dangerous mandatory challenge. But is there more to their arrival than they claim?

When a curse leads to a toxic spill of pixie dust, the town comes unglued and the doors between the human and faery worlds begin to open. To rescue the town and to face the impossible magical test, Tammy needs the help of incredibly handsome Bryn Lyons, but WAM has declared him totally off-limits. To avoid deadly consequences, Tammy probably ought to follow the rules this time.

On the other hand, rebellion is an old Texas tradition.

What did I think of it:
I'm still not sure if I like this series or not.

This second book has a lot of fun things going for it, and the overall story is entertaining, but...

The relationship between Tammy and her on-and-off-again ex really creeps me out. It's totally abusive and pictured as: "Awww, look how much he still loves me!" I really hope that his abusive behavior will be pointed out to Tammy and seen as it is in the next book, because much more of this behavior being shown as romantic and I'm done!

Apart from this I was enjoying this book and as I do have the next book on my shelves I'll pick it up one of these days.

Why should you read it:
Apart from the abusive jerk it's a fun read.


buy from bookdepository

1 comment:

Melliane said...

Oh a bit too bad. I enjoyed the series when I read it a while ago