Friday 29 January 2021

Brittle Midnight - Book Review

 

Brittle Midnight (City of Magic #2)
by Helen Harper

What is it about:
Who ever thought that life after an apocalyptic event would be easy?

Charley is under pressure. The demands of her new community are piling on stress after stress and, even with her developing magical skills, she's finding it hard to cope. Things aren't any better for Monroe - his grief and guilt over what happened to his werewolf pack are overwhelming him. When dead bodies start to appear across the city, they're going to have to work together to prevent more killings. But whether they'll be able to survive together too is anyone's guess.

What did I think of it:
I very much enjoyed the first book in this series, but somehow this second book ended up an orphan. I decided to pick it up at the start of this month.

And what a fun read! I made sure to ask for the third book for my birthday, so I can read that one soon as well.

After all the wackiness of the first book things have settled down somewhat and everyone is trying to get used to the new situation. But then there's a murder!

I loved seeing Charley and Monroe working together and to see how both of them try to get to terms with what happened. They make a great team even though they don't want to admit it.

There's tons of other cool characters as well, and the murder mystery kept me guessing. I raced through this book and I'm eager to see how this trilogy will end. Book three won't go dusty, I can tell you.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun and cool Urban Fantasy read. 


buy from amazon


1 comment:

miki said...

oh somehow i missed that i will probably add book 1 ( and possibly2) on my wishlist for my birthday thanks for the discovery!